Our Senior Pastor is retiring...
follow our progress of filling his shoes
Esther 4:14 – “For such a time as this..”
Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Romans 15:6 - .."so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!"
- Pastor Alberta has announced his desire to retire from his role as Senior Pastor at Cornerstone EPC in approximately mid-2018. This term would exceed the required dissolution of Pastor’s Alberta call when he reaches age 70 in August 2017. (See Timetable below for steps necessary to extend Pastor’s call beyond this time.)
- At this time, in conjunction with that desire, it is appropriate to elect a Search Committee to initiate the multi-year process to seek the next Senior Pastor for Cornerstone EPC.
- Senior Pastor transitions/succession can be a challenging time for a church and its congregation, in particular when the present Senior Pastor has been in his position for a number of years and is well respected and highly regarded.
- The key objective is to ensure a seamless transition to a new Senior Pastor.
- At this time, and absent any changed circumstances, the current Session anticipates that work with the Congregation and the Midwest Presbytery will begin in early 2017 to start the process of renewing the terms of Pastor Alberta’s call for a period of one year, such that his call would then expire August 2018.
The Cornerstone EPC Senior Pastor Search/Transition Committee has voted unanimously to recommend Pastor Chris Winans as the candidate for the next Senior Pastor at Cornerstone EPC. We have prepared 'Getting to know the Winans' resource as a way for you to get to better know Pastor Chris, his wife, Carey, and their family.
- In this regard, over the next couple of years, some key milestones include:
- January 2016: Congregational Meeting to elect Search Committee.
- June 2016: Congregational Meeting: Search Committee will provide an update on the Search Process.
- Steps Necessary to extend Pastor Alberta’s Call beyond his 70th Birthday (August 2017) [BoG 14-1(D)]
- February 2017: Notification to Midwest Presbytery (six months prior to the 70th birthday.)
- June 2017: Congregational Meeting & Approval
- Midwest Presbytery Approval:
- Ministerial Committee
- Midwest Presbytery
- 2018: Pastor Alberta desired retirement