Response to the Coronavirus
Update from Pastor Winans - March 23, 2020
New information, directives from our governor and health officials, and continued prayer and discernment from church leadership and session has led us to reconsider our decision to hold worship services through April 5th. These considerations include
- Concern for the protection of the most vulnerable among us; our elderly and those with underlying health conditions.
- Desire to participate with the community in slowing the spread of the virus. The effectiveness of the containment is proportional to the willingness of large gathering organizations to work together for the common good.
- The actions stated recommendations of the governing authorities. Our governor has recommended not meeting together in groups that are over 100 persons and recently banned gatherings of 250 or more.
What this means is that rather than in-person gatherings, Sunday worship services on March 15 + 22 + 29 + April 5th will be offered exclusively online during our 9:00 and 10:45 service times. We invite you to gather in your homes with your small group, family or neighbors to join in worship together. Saturday service will be postponed for the time being.
All other gatherings at Cornerstone will be postponed beginning Sunday, March 15 through April 5.
How You Can Participate
Here are some ways for you to participate in the coming weeks.
1. Make sure you are set up to worship online. You download the cornerstone app or watch live on your computer. click here for live stream
2. Automate your giving. This may sound self-serving, but if this outbreak worsens (and even if our prayers are answered and it doesn’t), the church is going to be needed. The ministries of the church are vital to our members, missionaries, and to our community. It just takes a minute to set up: click here to set up
3. Stand ready to help others. As Christians we consider others as more important than ourselves. This isn’t a time to hide, but a time to be the hands and feet of Christ.
During this time in our world’s history, it is important for us as followers of Jesus to be informed and prayerful. In addition, let me also remind you that worry has not added a single day to anyone’s life and panic is not our way. We are not ruled by fear but by faith. In times like these the world needs people who are strong and selfless because of the hope we have in Jesus.
In Need of Help?
If you are in need of food, financial or any other type of assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Call our hotline number 810.494.4059.
From the Pastor Videos
From the Pastor - Rejoice
From the Pastor - Psalm 30
From the Pastor - Psalm 1
From the Pastor - Psalm 3
From the Pastor - Psalm 27